33 years ago, on April 26, 1986, something unthinkable happened in Ukraine – the Chornobyl nuclear plant exploded, releasing metric tons of radiation and polluted particles into the air. It was like opening the Pandora’s box. Have you ever wondered what went through the minds of people responsible for this, as well as those in charge of the cleanup. It was hell for everyone on site, from scientists to firefighters dying of radiation days after their shift.
HBO’s “Chornobyl” has reminded the whole world of those terrible events. Most viewers and critics note that the show very accurately describes what really happened in the aftermath of one of the world’s worst man-made ecological catastrophe. The show is so well-made and factual, that even the actors look a lot like their real-life counterparts.
Have a look at how closely the cast of “Chernobyl” resembles the people involved!
1. David Dencik – Mikhail Gorbachev, General Secretary of the Central Committee of the CPSU
2. Jared Harris – Valery Legasov, an inorganic chemist and a member of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR
3. Stellan Skarsgard – Boris Shcherbina, Deputy Chairman of the Council of Ministers
4. Paul Ritter – Anatoly Dyatlov, Deputy Chief Engineer
5. Adrian Rawlins – Mykola Fomin, chief engineer of the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant
6. Con O’Neill – Viktor Bryukhanov, director of the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant