Actress Emilia Clarke became famous thanks to the role of Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Realm, Lady Regent of the Seven Kingdoms, Breaker of Chains and Mother of Dragons. The title is long, but memorable, especially since it was this role that gave Emilia a chance to manifest herself in the world of cinema.
Here are some interesting facts about Emilia Clarke.
1) English actress Emilia Clarke was born on October 23, 1986, in London. But she spent her childhood away from the big city in the town of Berkshire.
2) Emilia’s dad worked as a sound engineer, and her mother was a business lady. Emilia also has a younger brother.
3) She Studied at Rye St Antony School and St Edward’s School in Oxford. In 2009, she finished studying at the Drama Center in London.
4) In 2012, readers of AskMen magazine recognized her as the most desirable woman of the year.
5) Before portraying Daenerys Targaryen, she had to work on several jobs. At one time, she worked simultaneously as a bartender, a call center operator, and a waitress.
6) As a kid, she was laughed at for her thick eyebrows.
7) According to the actress herself, if it wasn’t for her acting career, she would have become a singer or a designer.
8) Emilia has always been fond of music. She knows how to play the flute, guitar, and piano. She loves to sing too, which she demonstrated in several popular YouTube videos and Broadway productions.
9) She’s into sports like horse riding, ice skating, and also rowing.
10) Fans of Game of Thrones know Emilia as a blonde, but this is not her natural hair color. In fact, she has dark hair but admitted that the image of a blonde is more to her liking.
11) Since October 2015, she’s been living in Hampstead, London. In 2016, she bought a nice condo in Venice Beach, Los Angeles.
12) Clarke got the first place in the ranking of 100 most beautiful people in 2012.
13) She began to show interest in acting at the age of 3 after her father took her to the musical Show Boat, in which he worked as a sound engineer.
14) Her theatrical debut took place only in March of 2013, where she got the leading role in the Broadway production of a well-know play – “Breakfast at Tiffany’s.”
15) In 2013, she got her first Emmy Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role in a Drama Series.
16) She was a candidate for the role of Anastasia Steele in the controversial film “50 shades of gray”, but rejected the role.
17) The real fame came to Emilia Clarke with the remarkable role of Daenerys Targaryen in the HBO series Game of Thrones, based on George Martin’s novel, the Song of Ice and Fire.
18) Emilia did not have time to prepare for the role of Daenerys. In a single day, she studied her character and won the hearts of the producers. But now she recalls that it may have been due to one of the producers asking her to do the chicken and robot dances.
19) A new species of animals were named after her character. A white sea slug is now called Tritonia Khaleesi.
20) Emilia Clark loves the role of Daenerys Targaryen. Khaleesi is simultaneously a strong personality and a woman, and she shows her femininity using her immense inner strength.