Falling in love could very well be the best feeling in the world, right after tasting garlic bread for the first time. You get the chills, thrills, and butterflies in your tummy… All the good stuff! At least it starts that way. After some time the pink glasses fall off and you see a whole different person beside you. Luckily, there are exceptions to this depressing rule of thumb.
Once upon a blue moon two people fall in love and stay that way, long-long after the so-called “relationship expiration date”. What’s their secret? How many fights did they have throughout their marriage? We may never know the answers to these pressing questions, but there’s one thing they have in common – their everlasting love to each other.
Okay, enough gushing over mere words, let’s see some proof! Here are 15 couples, who have been happily married for decades.
1. One of the most iconic Woodstock album covers featured a couple. And now, after 46 long years, they are still together.
2. Childhood friends, met each other when they were three. Now finally married!
3. When people told these two men that their feelings were “just a phase”, they didn’t know that 25 years later their love will go on.
4. Recreating their wedding day 70 years later.
5. 81 years and still together… Holy crap.