No, of course not! That would be insanely inappropriate. Unless… No, not even Trudeau is worth starting a war over. But let’s take a step back and see what’s going on.
On August 25, a couple of photos taken during the G7 summit in Biarritz, France turned out to be unlike all others. The world leaders wanted to get a good shot of their party and were joined by their lovely wives. So now we have all these people greeting each other, shaking hands, kissing cheeks, when suddenly a wild photographer appears! I mean, it was a planned shoot, but the photos he took are definitely on the wild side.
On the first glance, it’s just Melania Trump about to peck Canada’s Prime Minister Justin Trudeau on the cheek. But if you crop out the US President on the right, it’s got “Internet meme material” written all over it! It took people precisely zero minutes to start making memes and speculate about Melania secretly planning to ditch Donald and run to the hills.
Now that you know the circumstances surrounding this photo let’s jump into those #MelaniaLovesTrudeau memes!
1. Here’s, of course, the original photo. Tell me Melania’s not glowing!
2. Let’s zoom in to see how happy Melania looks.
3. Turns out, Justin has that effect on many people. Including Donald Trump, apparently.
4. Yeah, you better run before Ivanka finds out!
5. Dog owners will relate.
6. Bad for you but very fun or old and dull?
7. Cat people, where you at?
8. Vote with your wallets, people! Although, after Lion King, I’m not sure we deserve anything but remakes.
9. And here’s the final chuckle! Don’t worry Mr. Trump, your girls are safe and sound somewhere where you won’t find them.