When you watch cartoons and Disney movies as a child you don’t even think about what the main characters are wearing and how it would look in the real world. If it’s a princess she wears a fancy poofy dress, if it’s a prince, he wears some sort of royal suit with a military jacket in a bright color. We associate these things with fairy tales or royalty but we’d never wear stuff like that unless we’re going to a themed fancy dress party. And if you look at other cartoon characters, their fashion choices make even less sense. Anastasia Kasyanova, a Russian illustrator, has clearly given this idea some thought and came up with outfits she thought were much more appropriate for the modern-day, yet still incredibly luxurious looking.
Anastasiya has discovered her talent for illustration when she was a child, she was naturally good at drawing. She also developed a passion for fashion and trends. So it made sense that when she was 17 she went to study Costume Design at university. Now she works as a fashion illustrator and boasts quite an impressive following on Instagram, where you can see more of her works.
1. We especially liked her Sponge Bob but make it fashion series of illustrations. Here’s Patrick as a very fashionable girl. Gotta love those leggings.
2. Sponge Bob as a trendy hip chic. Kinda makes you want to try that outfit on and maybe even wear it to school or like a casual Friday at work, doesn’t it?
3. Squidward is going edgy with green hair and the attitude is on point. Ralph Loren seem like a great designer choice.
4. Sandy is fabulous as ever. That purple dress is goals and the hairstyle is so fitting. Did you notice the details in the necklace? It’s a little acorn.
5. And finally Pearl in an all-pink Dior dress with white shoes.
6. Vanellope von Schweetz looking stylish as ever in an all-denim outfit, with a trendy hair ribbon and some Hermes goodies she just treated herself too.
7. Snow White looking absolutely stunning in an all-red outfit. We love this color-coordinated look.
8. Cinderella would definitely be a fan of Chanel, no doubt about it. You can just tell that she’d be into it. And the dark blue looks so much more wearable than the original lighter shade.
9. Aurora could’ve looked really childish in an all-pink dress, but just adding a grey oversized sweater made her elegant and chic while still very girly.
10. Ariel color matching her hair, shoes and bag is goals. And that low key Dior shirt with ripped jeans is totally her vibe.
11. Anastasiya’s Jasmine traded in her harem pants for trendy and very 70s bell bottoms. And love the big tiger necklace as a fitting accessory.
12. Mulan would probably enjoy Tom Ford’s style. Pictured here wearing cool skinny jeans with rips, kick-ass boots and a tan leather jacket.
13. Gotta appreciate the flare with which Pocahontas has been drawn. The textures, the colors, the little details – it’s all brilliant.
14. Belle looking cute and trendy in her polka dot dress, sneakers, a denim jacket and a bunch of Gucci bags.