There are millions of mysterious and fantastic-looking places on our planet. From the gorgeous waterfalls, and mountain peaks, to underwater reefs and volcanoes. But, perhaps, the most wonderful places to visit in the wild outdoors are the caves. These underground cavities can sometimes look pretty majestic!
Ever since the ancient times, these geological formations used to amaze and fascinate the first people. I mean, they were called “cavemen” for a reason, you know? Back in the Stone Age, many people have made caves their homes, that protected their families from natural elemental hazards as well as wild beasts.
If you asked a speleologist (scientist who studies caves, in case you didn’t know), he will tell you that there are several types of caves, but all of them are beautiful and original in their own way. Today we’ll travel to different continents and look into the deepest corners of our planet to find the 14 most amazing caves in the world.
1. Blue Grotto in Capri, Italy
2. Cave of the Crystals in Chihuahua, Mexico
3. Krubera Cave in Abkhazia, Georgia
4. Fingal’s Cave in Staffa, Scotland
5. Eisriesenwelt Ice Cave in Werfen, Austria
6. The Mlynki Cave, Ukraine
7. Waitomo Glowworm Caves in Waitomo, New Zealand
8. Marble Cave in Patagonia, Chile
9. Blue Caves in Zakynthos, Greece
10. Carlsbad Caverns National Park in New Mexico, US
11. Reed Flute Cave in Guilin, Guangxi, China
12. Skaftafell Ice Cave in Vatnajokull National Park, Iceland
13. Sơn Đoòng Cave in Vietnam
14. Antelope Cave, Arizona, USA