Folks, Anna Kendrick is talented. In fact, the popular actress even accomplished the rare feat of being nominated for a Tony (1998), Academy Award (2010), Golden Globe (2010) and Grammy (2016). Oh, and something called the Drama Desk Award if you’re willing to believe that. Anyway, we’ve decided the time has come to dish out some more facts about the lovely Miss Kendrick that you will undoubtedly pass along to your friends. Does 20 sound like a good number? Yes it does.
1. She Loves the Beastie Boys
Her favorite rap song ever is “Get It Together.”
2. She Hosted Saturday Night Live in 2014
Her most notable sketch was as Ariel from the Little Mermaid singing Britney Spears and Ke$ha songs.
3. Her Parents Would Regularly Drive Her From Portland to NYC For Auditions
Wow. Talk about dedication! The journey from Oregon takes around 42 hours one way, guys. Oh, she’s from the one in Maine. That’s still about 5 ½ hours one away, so it’s still kind of impressive.
4. She’s Reached #6 on the Billboard Charts
Her cover of the song “Cups” rose to that position in 2013. She had originally discovered the song through a viral Reddit post.
5. Her First Major Film Appearance was in 2008’s Twilight
She played Jessica Stanley, a high school friend of Bella’s. Now let’s never speak of this movie again.
6. She Found Out That She Had Been Nominated For an Oscar While Jogging
She was out getting her morning exercise at 5:00am when her roommate called to break the news.
7. She has maintained the same manager since the age of 10
We’re referring to Kim Matuka. That’s loyalty, isn’t it!