American runner Lenny Maughan chooses routes very meticulously, so that in the end they look like wicked drawings in the fitness tracking apps. Why would someone do that? To create timeless masterpieces such as USS Enterprise, the state of California, a seagull, and plenty of other cool things overlaying the map of San-Francisco.
One day some random Reddit user noticed Lenny’s work and shone a bit of light on the runner, without realizing that he’ll be the biggest catalyst in Maughan’s viral career. Social media quickly picked up his scent and basically made him famous in a blink of an eye. But even before the fame and glory Lenny created these masterpieces because he wanted to. Because he loved doing it. His very first street art was the Vulcan Salute, which he dedicated to Leonard Nimoy. Then there was the TV, the Batman logo, and so on. Lenny treats the streets of San Francisco as a huge canvas. Finding the right pattern is somewhat similar to looking at the clouds and seeing things in their shapes.
Here are 20 of Lenny’s best works!
1) Frida Kahlo – It took Lenny 6 hours to make a 29-mile-long “painting”.
2) Vulcan Salute – his first street art.
3) USS Enterprise – he did seem to like Star Trek.
4) Kitty cat, because who doesn’t love cats, right?
5) Batman logo – it wasn’t the logo they needed, it was one they deserved.
6) The state of California.
7) Hands holding chopsticks, probably eating some noodles.
8) A handsome pig.
9) It’s definitely a taco. But maybe I’m crazy.
10) The Running Man. Tribute to Arnie?
11) A very beautiful rose.
12) Just a hot lady chilling
13) Birdie sitting on a wire, tweeting about stuff.
14) The @ sign, because why not?
15) 3-leafed clover.
16) (took me a minute) A teabag!
17) The Rolling Stones logo.
18) Let’s call this… San-Footcisco?
19) A darn seagull.
20) Every 9-year-old’s dream – PewdiePie Brofist!