Hurricanes are, no joke, some of the nastiest natural disasters, right after volcano eruptions, and Tsunami. As you probably know, Irma is currently trying to destroy everyone and everything in her way. Well, maybe by the time you read this, it’s all over, actually, I hope it is, because did Irma take millions of lives!
Around 95% of Saint-Martin, Barbuda, and the British Virgin Islands were flooded, houses crushed, cars and palm trees kissing… In other words – total destruction. Millions of people are homeless now, with no access to water, electricity or phone service, and at least 22 are dead.
Here’s just a small glimpse of what’s going on there. These are the before and after photos of some of the damage caused by the hurricane so far. It doesn’t look good, but it will definitely get better soon.
1. Once popular Ivan’s Stress-Free bar on Jost van Dyke, British Virgin Islands
2. Paraquita Bay, British Virgin Islands
3. Honky Tonk bar in Philipsburg, St. Martin
4. Beach Plaza hotel in St. Martin
5. The luxury Eden Rock hotel on St. Barts
6. Pleasure crafts lie smashed against the shore in Paraquita bay, British Virgin Islands
7. Hotel Mercure in Marigot, Saint Martin
8. Dolphin discovery attraction in Tortola, Virgin Islands
9. Broken palm trees on the beach of the hotel Mercure in Marigot, Saint Martin
10. Princess Juliana airport