The era of the USSR had its ups and downs, but most importantly, we’ve successfully destroyed that malevolent regime and can now live in our capitalistic homes, drinking foreign beer and reading American comics. Alright, I’m no politician, and I suck at history, but what I do know is that not everything was bad and not everyone was miserable in the Soviet Union. In fact, there are still people alive today in the CIS countries (the countries that had made up the USSR besides Russia), who would rather go back to the “good old days”, rather than evolve and adapt. So, what was so great about living in the USSR? We brought you some pictures, so we can figure out what’s going on in them together!
1. I would love to see these moose statuettes…
2. There was no discrimination in the USSR. Women and men working hand in hand.
3. Hmm… Where ARE all the men?
4. Oh, they’re all just chillin’ at some concert, huh?
5. At least someone’s looking after the babies, I guess. Wouldn’t call in fair, really, but who else is going to do it?