There is this funny group in FB called “How to take a picture like Rembrandt” that is all about Russian people cosplaying pieces of art like paintings and sculptures. As you’re about to see, some of the users are trying to fully recreate the art piece, making their photo look as close to the original as possible, while others… well, they’re just on it for the laugh, it seems. Taking creative liberties is not a crime, but it sure can be funny to look at! Either way, both ways are acceptable as long as everyone’s having fun. I sure am.
If you were to cosplay any painting or a sculpture who would it be and why? Leave your comments down below, but for now enjoy the gallery!
1. Gustav Klimt, The Serpent-Tempter
2. Pablo Picasso, The Absinthe Lover
3. Caravaggio, The Incredulity of Saint Thomas
4. Zinaida Serebryakova, Over the Toilet. Self-portrait
5. Johannes Vermeer, Girl with a Pearl Earring
6. Egon Schiele, Self-portrait