Who doesn’t love cats? They’re warm and cuddly, and they’ll purr right into your ear… Basically they’re like women only with much lower maintenance cost. People say cats are horrible companions, but those unbelievers have no idea what they’re talking about. Here are some facts about kitties that will surely shut them up!
1. Once a kitty mamma gave birth to 19 kittens.
2. A group of cats is called … a clowder.
3. Cats’ social IQ is so low they don’t even care about how low it is.
4. There are 45 polydactyl cats living at Hemingway’s former home in Key West. Which is why these cute mutants are called “Hemingway cats”.
5. In the XV century, Pope Innocent VIII pronounced cats to be demons and ordered a great cat purge.
6. Abraham Lincoln’s hobby, according to his wife, was taking care of his four cats in the White House.
7. Cats can jump up to 6 times its body length.
8. The world’s largest cat was 48.5 inches long.
9. If you own a cat, you’re reducing the risk of getting a stroke and heart attack by a third.
10. A good old tabby is faster than Usain Bolt.
11. Our ancestors domesticated kitties around 3600 B.C.
12. Cats can make over 100 different sounds!
13. Most cats’ coats do not insulate them when they’re taking a swim. But some cats still like taking baths.
14. In the United Kingdom and Australia black cats are said to bring good luck.