7. Steve Harrington is dressed as Tom Cruise from the movie “Risky Business” (1983).
8. When Eleven asks Hopper to let her go trick-or-treating, she dresses up as a ghost and approaches Jim from behind in the same way as Winona Ryder’s character in the 1988 “Beatlejuice” movie. In addition, in “E.T.” children dressed the alien in the same ghost costume, to hide him from the people.
9. Dustin’s cat did not like the polliwog. This might be a reference to the 1979 “Alien” movie, where the cat reacted aggressively to the presence of the xenomorph.
10. Bob’s words about Will’s drawings being a treasure map is a direct reference to “Goonies”, one of Sean Astin’s best movies.
11. The scene where Steve is attacked by demodogs resembles a similar scene with velociraptors from the Jurassic Park (1993).
12. In the episode where Eleven finds a person who has experimented on her and other children, she uses her telekinesis in the same way as Darth Vader did in the famous force choke scene from Star Wars.