I like dressing up as much as the other person, but as an adult, you have very few opportunities to do so. You basically have three excuses: Halloween themed fancy dress parties and your birthday (cause you can do whatever you want on your birthday, it’s your day). Kids, however, don’t have to go along with those rules. You can dress them up however you want every day of the week. And that’s exactly what this lady from Brazil is doing with her daughter. She dresses her kid up as her favorite characters from movies and cartoons or even just icons and celebrities that she likes. And the result is absolutely adorable. Her Instagram is full of incredible cosplay ideas for you and your kids to get inspired. Oh, and did we mention that the little girl, Maria Eduarda, is only 4 years old? That’s got to be one of the youngest cosplayers out there.
1. Here’s little Maria cosplaying as Coraline. That is too cute for words.
2. Very convincing Joker. Heath Ledger would approve this.
3. Is it morally right to dress up your kid as Walter White? You be the judge of that but we think it’s hilarious.
4. Who could possibly look cuter than actual Dustin from Stranger Things? Small kids cosplaying as Dustin.
5. We’re pretty sure little Maria has never even seen Pulp Fiction, but she does a very convincing Mia cosplay.
6. You don’t have to be 11 to play Eleven. You can cosplay her as a baby too.
7. Dressing up a child as Amy from The Big Band Theory? Ummm, yes, please.
8. Turns out 4-year-olds have the perfect amount of attitude and confidence to pull off a very convincing Black Widow cosplay.
9. The Breakfast Club means nothing to the little cosplayer, but she’s still doing an incredibly convincing job pretending to be Claire.
10. My personal favorite – Freddie Mercury cosplay in a classic pose with a drawn-on moustache. Can we make this a requirement for every kid, please?
11. Velma from Scooby-Doo. Well, at least this is one of those shows little Maria can actually watch.
12. I love that they even did the dark forehead thing with this cosplay. Such a cute little Imperator Furiosa. Charlize Theron would weep with joy if she saw this.
13. Hermione Granger is a classic cosplay for every Harry Potter fan. This little girl probably hasn’t seen the movies yet, but we can’t wait until she does.
14. Grease is such a classic. Who knew this low budget movie would get so big that 40 years later kids will still be dressing up like Sandy and Danny from Grease.
15. This is just the most hilarious cosplay we’ve ever seen. Maria as Pat from Silver Linings Playbook going for a jog wearing a garbage bag.